Sunday, March 6, 2022

Riding Adventure in St.George, UT Mar4-6, 2022

 Vern Parker was generous and let us stay with him for the weekend. 

Vern with his nice mare on his 2.5 acre lot in St.George. Vern's house is down the street from the church. It is odd to me to have the animals right there in town.

A view of his property from the back, near the Virgin River that runs behind his place. He has a very nice barn. It is a nice set up for the snowbird Vern Parker.

View of his property from the deck of the house.

Entrance to Vern's house.

View of the kitchen.

View of the living room from the kitchen.
A very nice home, Karen and I had our own bedrooms.

This is what we came for, Riding! Vern's friend Jim provided horses for  Karen & I. What was interesting to me is that we loaded the horses after we walked through the backyard of the home onto the street into the trailer. I'm used to getting horses from the barnyard. Jim had very nice horses. I appreciated his generosity and company.

Off we go. It was a chilly start, so I'm glad Vern had an extra jacket in the truck. Lots of rocks and sagebrush. Loved the view.
Vern called this The Lipstick Ride, I guess it's his way to say it wasn't too crazy. I thought it was difficult enough, lots of rock for the horses, but they didn't slip. It was so different from what we ride up here. I could be a snowbird pretty easy I think.

Our generous host Vern Parker.

Jim, Vern and Karen
What a view! So much fun!

Karen is starting to like these fine animals.

Karen & Dixie, still a bit chilly, but no snow, no wind, I love it!

Karen's selfie, looking down Snow Canyon.

o
Dixie Dee. Love the view!

Video for the extent of the view. Loved this day very much!

Vern

Overlooking Snow Canyon

A great Friday March 4, 2022

Just leaving our lunch spot.

Karen's selfie with her trusted Steed.


Saturday 05 March 2022, Vern took us touring. One of our stops was the Mountain Meadows Massacre site about half an hour north of St. George. We gained a bit of elevation and it snowed/Hailed on us. Oh man that hail was small pellets that hurt! We didn't get a chance to truly take this site in due to the weather. A dark mark on Church History for sure.
I don't have any pictures, but we also visited the St. George temple visitors center. We had a sweet young missionary from Arizona tell us about the Centre. She bore a sweet testimony of the gospel.
We also visited the Brigham Young Winter Home, I found that very interesting too.(I think I should do history tours in retirement.) Finally we visited the Jacob Hamblin Home in Santa Clara. All very interesting and fun to think about what it would have been like to settle Utah and surrounding areas.
We went to church with Vern on Sunday. Sunday evening we left Vern's for Lorna and Ross Uibel's home in St.George, not far from the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment