Thursday, March 3, 2022

Coronado, CA 28 Feb - 03 Mar 2022

Marilee invited me to Coronado to visit while they were down there this winter. I said " Yup, I'll be there! Thank you very much!" I'm always glad to be out of the cold and snow whenever possible. 

On the plane to Coronado

Karen Alston said she was up for a road trip to the USA for a couple of weeks. So we rented a car and drove to Salt Lake. We stayed with her son Dylan in Riverton, UT for a couple of nights, Feb 25th and 26th. It was nice to spend time there. We listened to Ashley speak in church on Sunday (She did a good job!) and then we drove to St. George, Utah, stayed with Vern Sunday night and he drove us to the airport to fly to Coronado Monday Feb 28,2022.

San Diego airport waiting for Marilee to pick us up! 

Straight to the beach we went and decided to JUMP!
Karen enjoyed the look on my face in this photo!

The trio in front of Hotel del Coronado. 

Pacific Ocean at Coronado Island, CA

We are having fun tonight! 

Bird of Paradise

Bike ride on the Strand.
It's warm here! No wind! Perfect!

The Trio on the Strand. San Diego in the background.
The Pacific Ocean is to the left and the bay is on the right.

We biked 25 miles.

The evenings were spent playing Rummykub!
"Alexa, play 70's mello!"
Many laughs and lots of singing while playing!

Enjoying the Beach


Relaxing on the beach.
 I'm grateful to Marilee for sharing this with Karen and I.

We found a nice Italian restaurant.

Oh, this was FUN! 
Brad let us take his golf cart to the Mexican Restaurant on our last night in Coronado. I got to drive, Marilee & Mark are in the back due to car seats on the second row. It was a blast to cruise the streets of Coronado in an open air vehicle and not be cold!

02 March 2022, our last evening with the Cahoon's in Coronado. Mexican of course. Mark & Marilee were the best hosts for us. I get to drive us home in the golf cart, can't wait!

The Trio in their "Stay Salty" T'Shirts at the orange tree in Marilee's little court yard of her home in Coronado. 

The Trio at the last lunch before heading out to the airport. All good things must come to an end (I guess). A fun little 60's style malt shop of sorts. Coronado is where Karen found me a nice leather belt for $18 in a vintage shop. I have to admit the the question I have now is: "Why do I live in Canada in the winter?" 

I hope to be back to Coronado Island. I enjoyed my time with Marilee, Mark and Karen in California. Thank you so much for being willing to share with me. Stay Salty Coronado!   

No comments:

Post a Comment