Thursday, March 10, 2022

Hiking in St. George. March 6-8,2022

 

This is Ross & Lorna Uibel's nice winter home.
Karen & I arrived Sunday evening 06 March 2022.

Lorna took us hiking in Snow Canyon State Park.
A fun trio for sure! Getting started on Padre Canyon hike.

 The spot where we rode to with Vern.
Super cool to see Snow Canyon from above & to hike it below.

Off the paved path onto the sand and rock of Snow Canyon.

A fine trio of lovely ladies!

Originally called Dixie State Park, it was later renamed for Lorenzo & Erastus Snow, Utah pioneer leaders.

Karen enjoying the rocks & views.

The view into St.George from our lunch spot.

The view of where we came from at lunch.

Some of the unique formations. Love it!

Karen playing! Gives one an idea of how big these formations are.

The trio near the formations.

Navajo Sandstone is the predominant rock in the park.
We covered about 7.5 miles on our hike. After Padre trail, we took a short 2 miles hike to Johnson Canyon which was a sheltered Canyon of willow & cottonwood, winding through lava flows and red rock to an arch spanning 200ft. This was the only place I saw water, very little water.

On the way home to Lorna's we stopped at a Funeral Home and saw this bronze. "Come unto Me." I think it is beautiful.

Monday night we had Mexican with Kelly & Julie Strong. We jibbered and laughed for the evening. Oh I am loving my trip to Utah this March!

Tuesday 08 March was an E-bike ride in Zion's National Park.
It was a bit chilly, so we have a few layers. Look! It's great!

Now we are a foursome and it's great!

Angel's Landing is there behind me. It's a famous hike to the top of that rock. Can I say? E-bikes are the best! I loved having the extra help up the road! I just may have to seriously consider adding an E-bike to my list.

Zion's National Park is a place I want to revisit. It is beautiful here and there is so much to see and do.

Grateful for good friends that know how to show a gal a good time. Grateful for such beautiful things to explore in nature.
Grateful for the ability to see, feel & experience these neat things.
Blessed in so many ways!!

Karen & I spent a few hours in the car. We left Lorna's place Wednesday 09 March,2022. Drove to Dylans house for the night. We got our test to enter Canada at Walgreens in Riverton, UT. Thursday 10 March 2022 we jumped into the car to head North. I am grateful for Karen's company on this trip, she made it so much more interesting than if I had traveled by myself. We stopped for supper in Great Falls, MT around 5pm. The other thing that I am so grateful for is the fact that we didn't hit the herd of deer that was crossing the road at dusk. I saw them just in time, braked and I think the last deer left a few hairs on the right headlight of the car. So blessed that the roads were bare and dry. Blessed that there was no one behind us when I had to brake so hard. Just so blessed that we had such a great trip and a safe trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment