Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Run Through History - 5km again??

It's been a year since I've started doing the blog thing. My first post was about my first 5km race in Montana with the Fab Four. So it is time to post about my 2nd 5km race in Montana.


This is the group on our way down to Kalispell. Sad to say that Barb couldn't make it for this particular run (never the same without Barb). We had a fun group nevertheless. Marilee, Kaylynn, Moi, and Laurel.



The view from the back seat on the way to Kalispell for our run through history. We left on Friday and it was raining the whole day! A little rain doesn't deter die hard shoppers and we were fairly confident there would be no rain for the run on Saturday.



There we are before the race! (Sorry, Kaylynn and Barb, we Miss You!) It's just before 10 am Saturday October 8th and we run through Historic Kalispell. It was a beautiful run, I loved the old trees with all the fall colors and the quaint setting. A very nice part of Kalispell that I haven't seen before.



There I am half a block away from the finish line, and look, I'm so far ahead of the pack!! Oh, not really, you all know better than that. I did finish the race in about the same time as I did last year, it was 32 min 31 seconds, for Dixie Dee to run 5 km. I do believe we all did about the same as we did last year, and we are a year older!! So I would say that is a good thing! (Really, I run for the party before and after the run)



An after race shot, we are still standing, a bit warm, but happy to be done and feel good about the race! Can I just say that I'm so thankful to have such neat friends, so thankful that I can actually run 5km, and so thankful that it wasn't raining!!!?


We earned those shirts! Have to get a picture of that!

I hope that next year we have the "Fab Four" in tact, that we are still able to run 5 km, and that Costco never closes!!! :)


4 comments:

  1. Well done Dix, I'm proud of you! You need some cool shades for next year; those t-shirts are looking fab. Glad you caught the vision about the party before and after. Before you know it you guys will be signing up for 5k's all over the place - just so you can travel and party (and shop). .. vegas . . . . hawaii . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun time it was. Yah, the before and after stuff is so much of the fun isn't it? Oh, and of course the company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you all had a good time! Way to go on the race!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking lots of pictures since I didn't bring my camera. Good job getting the same time in the race as last year. That's pretty darn good!

    ReplyDelete