Sunday, October 30, 2011

Oh, the Places You'll Go!

This is the last post of my Israel/Egypt Tour 2010. Ya me, I finished telling the story within a year!! Thanks for coming along.

Oh, the places you'll go.

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.



A New Testament period stable where I got to contemplate the humble birth of the Savior.



The sacred pit, where the Savoir spent the night alone just before his trial in the Palace of Caiaphas. This was a sewer of sorts, and this is where one thinks about the fact that "Christ descended below all things to rise above all things."


Caesarea, and the steps that Paul used to board ships to Rome and to serve his various missions.


The Nile River in Egypt. This is where one gets to think about Old Testament stories, plagues, locusts, parting of the Red Sea, the passover, etc...



The Citadel of Salah Al-Din. This is the prayer rug that many Muslims use when they are here and it's one of the 5 times a day to pray.


The pyramids of Egypt.



Finally, the beaches of Hawaii! No better place to finish a great trip than Hawaii in November!

And as Dr Suess says:

You'll get mixed up, of course,
as you already know.
You'll get mixed up
with many strange birds as you go.
So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact
and remember that Life's
a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft.
And never mix up your right foot with your left.

And will you suceed?
Yes! You will indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent  guaranteed.)

4 comments:

  1. What a great post to end your trip journal Dixie. Loved the feet in each picture and the words by Dr. Suess. It had a very nice feel to it.
    You need some new polish on those toes. Next Spring will bring a different color and I have just the one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Dr. Suess and he seemed to fit quite nicely on your trip. You saw and did a lot of neat things just one year ago. Next trip is?........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool pictures. I have enjoyed reading about your trip and learning new things. I am glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHHH you wrote this for me and I haven't read it for a month! I love you Dixe your the best. This really was my favourite post.

    ReplyDelete