Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Aloha!!

So, I decided I would start at the end,  you know, "the first shall be last and the last shall be first" type of idea. I'm really starting with Hawaii first as it is fresh on my mind, and I know that I have to mull things over more about Israel so that I can share what I really learned over there. It takes a while to get through all the pictures and to tell a meaningful story.

Plus, really, it is snowy and windy here, and rather WARM and BEAUTIFUL THERE!! So..

ALOHA HAWAII

 I love it here!!

 Surfs UP!! Lets go Surfing kids! Tiffany's friends from BYU!

This is Dixie?

No, this is Dixie!?

Oh Ya, This is Dixie!!!

 Ok, Ok, this is Dixie!!

You know, I never did catch a wave and stand up, but I did catch a few waves and ran over the odd surfer, they should know better than to be anywhere within 500 ft of Dixie on a surf board!!

 Dixie and Kassie in the water, waiting for a big wave to come so we could body surf!! This was GREAT Fun!!! (Just wanted to let you know I really did get into the ocean on more than one occassion.)
Oh how I loved being in the water and never being COLD!! Bring on the Heat baby!! Did I mention that I love being in Hawaii?

 This is my niece Kassie, we are on our way to Hawaii and Tiffany, her sister, does not know Kassie is coming!! Oh the fun of surprises!! (Love the grin Kassie!)

 This is Tiffany, wondering what on earth is in the trunk that is too heavy for me to bring inside!! Oh man Dixie, just come in, why do I have to come out there???

 This is why Tiffany!! Tiffany had a rather loud scream escape her lips, I'm glad we didn't surprise her at midnight!! I'm sure Kassie has the video she taped from the trunk of the car on her facebook page!! It is a rather funny video and the highlight of Kassie's trip!!

 I think Tiff, Tiff is very glad to see Kassie Me-lassie!!
 The real reason Tiffany is glad her mother showed up in Hawaii this week!! A truck of her very own so that she can get to the beach with her gear and not hitch-hike!! That drove her mother crazy!!

 It's over!! Boo- Hoo!! (it's at least above 0)

Let's remember this instead!!

I have to say that this trip to Hawaii was the best vacation I've had!!! It was a great way to end of the Israel trip, as I had excellent down time from the hustle and bustle of doing a tour and being so regulated!! The laid back pace of Hawaii, the warmth, the beauty and quiet was soothing for the soul!!

 Did I mention that I love it here?


4 comments:

  1. It looks like you stood up on the surfboard to me. You look like a pro just doing her thing. What beach was that at? Castles? Sunset? I'm glad you throughly enjoyed your Hawaiian getaway because you deserved it.

    Welcome home? Glad to be home? Sorry? Too many questions that are hard to answer, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home. We thought about you a lot while you were gone, knowing you were in the warm sun on the beach and we were bundled up in our parkas.
    Do you love Hawaii?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! That picture with you and Kassie in the water reminds me of "back in the day" so much! I can just feel it now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, no words to describe how happy I am with this post! Only thing I would have liked more is for you to take a run down the beach or maybe you did? I know it is hard but I am so grateful that you are home.

    ReplyDelete