Thursday, September 7, 2017

June Hiking 2017

Ride with Kassie - 09 June 2017


Kassie came down early in June. I love it when she comes! She wanted to ride and so we did! Horseshoe Basin in Waterton.


Enjoying our ride! A very nice day in the mountains!


It's so much fun when the kids come!


I think too much when I try to take selfies!


A whole bunch of lady slippers! A fun find!


Looking south towards Waterton and Montana! Love where I live!


What I posted for Instagram! I love these kind of days!


Kassie also graduated from the University of Alberta as a teacher! Levi and Tiffany with Kassie at her graduation! 


A great picture of the girls! Kassie's first teaching job is a grade 5/6 split class at a christian school in Edmonton! She is great!

Cracker Lake - 22 June 2017

My first real hike of this season was to Cracker Lake in Many Glacier, Montana! This hike is 12.6 miles return with an elevation gain of 1400 ft.



I just love it when we get to the lakes, they are always so pretty, well worth the effort to get there!


Laura Webster, our fearless leader! She organizes the hikes which makes it so much fun. It is a great group of women who hike! 


Marilee getting that one good photo!


 I got her to look! Thanks!


The group of ladies for this hike! Lavern Appleton, Lorna Uibel, Sue Ellen Nielson, Laura Webster, Marilee Cahoon and Dixie!


Just for fun! Look at that lake!

Grinnell Lake - 26 June 2017

Grinnell Lake is another hike in Many Glacier, MT. This is an easier hike that is 3 miles return and an elevation gain of 220 ft. We go by a couple of lakes on this hike.


This is the group for this hike. (I can't name them all)


Marilee's daughter Laurel joined us on this hike which was so much fun! Laurel informed us on the way down to this hike that she was much more afraid of Moose than Bear! I was sure that wasn't going to be an issue, bear and for sure not moose, I haven't seen moose while hiking ever!


So what do we see on this hike!? Moose! Oh wait it gets better! These two were in the lake just down from the trail where we were. (Laurel is just a tad bit nervous) We look up on the trail where we are headed and what do we see....?


Another Moose right on the trail headed right for us! He/she starts trotting towards us! I'm thinking where do we go? We found a tree to get behind off the path towards the lake. My thoughts were, if he doesn't like us, maybe we can protect ourselves by the tree! Not much choice. Luckily the Moose just trotted on by not worried about us at all!  So I go from never seeing a moose, to two/three in one day all within 100 ft of us!! A great day!


Laurel posing for us in a fun tree!


A hike with both Moose and bear! This guy was seen from the car down by the lake as we were driving out! I think he went down for a drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment