Sunday, August 18, 2013

Spartan Race Calgary 2013


Soooo, Saturday was the day to run the Spartan Sprint. 5km, 15 obstacles. Sounded like a fun time so I joined in this fine looking group of runners. We are the "Wind Warriors!"
We look pretty clean here I do say!


Just an idea of the terrain we had to run on. There was a lot of dust and alot of rather steep hills that we ran up and down more than once!


Here are Austin and Kaylynn Nunn approaching the monkey bars.
They are the two dressed in blue right behind the girl with the bandanna. 


Here I am on the top of the storage bin, crawling up, over and down to jump over a mud hole. (this is where I was playing princess and walked around the mud!)
Dave and Cari Pilling are the couple on the ground deciding what to do! They jumped in the mud good on them!!

v

Kaylynn (blue t'shirt and dark shorts) doing the javelin throw! She made the javelin stick into the straw bales! I'm thinking she is the only one to do so!! Yaaa Kaylynn!!


Kaylynn, Austin and Jill Nunn! Finishers!! Don't they look great?


Here I am, at the finish line. You really can't help but grin once you cross that silly line! 


Got a T'shirt and medal for finishing. The things one does for a T'shirt!??? There were some hard obstacles, pulling a cinder block up and down a rather steep hill. Carrying 15lbs of sand up and down a steep hill. Climbing an 8' fence. Going over an A frame and not falling, lots of mud to wade through. Barb Salmon helped me scale a wall and ring a bell,(Thanks kido!!) I can't remember them all. Hanna the photographer wasn't at all the obstacles, so I don't have any pics from them. Probably better that I don't anyway. :)
Important thing is that I started and I finished!


Here's the gang again, all gussied up for the photo! See they are all grinning!!



Spartan Race!
You'll know at the Finish Line!

2 comments:

  1. Seriously? Your shoes aren't even muddy! Different race than we ran, I challenge you to the Edmonton race next year. Wear your shirt proudly, YOU ARE A SPARTAN! (. . princess spartan, but still . . )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long live the mud!! From Kaylynn

    ReplyDelete