Saturday, February 11, 2012

Dixie, Rod, Kelly

I guess I'm still in the Memory Lane mode. I was lucky enough to have siblings growing up and here are a few pictures of "US".


This is Dixie communicating something or another to Rodney Kent Bevans born 17 May 1963. I'm guessing this was taken in '64 or '65.



"When is it my turn?"
You know, Rod still pulls faces like that when he rides Broncs.



Kelly Marie Bevans (on the right) born 21 April 1963.
Here we are to the west of our house in Leavitt, 1965ish??



A school picture taken when I was in Grade 1(1968). Oh you know we were cute! (Too bad we had to grow up!) Which one is me? Dixie that is? So we were 6,5 and 4. (So did you pick the cutie on the right?) (Rod and Kelly are cute too, but it is my blog and I can say I'm cute if I want to!! :)

The three rag-a-muffins. I think we are in the back of the pick-up going to or from feeding cattle. Guessing again, sometime late 60's early 70's.


Another school picture when we were in elementary school. Early 1970's (grade 5 or 6 for me). Notice the use of color pictures, coming into the modern age some.



Summer of 1972, our first vacation as kids. We are at a campsite in Great Falls Montana! We were lucky enough to have a mother who thought her kids were the best thing going. So thankful for a mother who loved us and sacrificed so much for us!


Christmas 1972 or 1973, at the pink house in Cardston. Mom made our stockings and they are the only ones I remember and still have to this day. I love my christmas stocking!!!



Kelly, Rod, and Dixie as adults. (I know, I know, not quite as sweet as when we were in grade school, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.) This picture was taken 1998 or so. I guess that means I'm 36 yrs old there. Man that seems like yesterday.

10 comments:

  1. I love your bangs!
    It's fun to see pictures of the three of you together. You guys had fun together for sure, just like "these days". Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilee,Bangs were my thing at the time! :)

      Delete
  2. AHHH these are so great Dixie I totally choose right on the picture! I loving the flannel nightgowns, no need for covers with those on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you know which one is Dixie Dee! Christmas is so much fun as a kid eh??? Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I think you were trying to give your little brother a kiss ion the cheek in that first picture Dixie. I love these "back in the day" pictures. Keep em' coming! They are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilou! Those are some of my favorite pictures too. Fun to hear what Mom says about them too! :)

      Delete
  4. It is so funny to see you as a kid but we can still see the same facial expressions and body language that you use today. Cute kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully that is a good thing Kaylynn! Did you notice color technology was getting used in my "youth"? Thanks!

      Delete
  5. So many things to say!! But I'll leave it at two: 1. That doll - on your last post? Must have been the homemaking item of the time. Lucky for you I still have one, look for it on your birthday. 2. Your header on this blog looks like a depression era shot, and I LOVE the look on Kelly's face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered if you wouldn't show up this time. I can't imagine what you left unsaid, but I'm laughing just trying to guess the kind of things you would say!! Oh you know we are cute, depression or not!! Something about the black and white that makes it cute and "depression" era!! :)

      Delete