Sunday, January 22, 2012

Memory Lane

 I'm turning 50 this year. (Ahhh).
So a walk through Memory Lane might be fun.
This is where it starts for me.
Denver Forest Bevans and Anna Joy Vadnais on their wedding day.
18 Oct 1961

Ahhh, look at the bundle of "joy" home from the hospital.
Dixie Deanna Bevans (8lbs of joy)
born about 4am 17 April 1962
Yes that is all my black hair!
Handsome couple with adorable baby, don'tcha think????
Mom is 18 and Dad is 21yrs old.
(For those interested the photo is looking east with Cahoon Hill just off to the left, in Leavitt,AB)






I'll let this one speak for it's self, and I think we still have those saddle bags.





Happy Birthday to me!!
Happy Birthday to me!!
Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday!!
Happy Birthday to me!!







What can I say?









A couple of "Dolls"!

H-a-a-a-a-a!!

Can't you just hear that little kid laugh that makes you laugh and laugh too???

Just some fun pic's, Oh to be so cute and carefree again!!!!!


 

Are you taking pictures of me?? Ok, I'll pose for you!
Oh, and for the record, I do have sibblings, but that will be for another post!



Dixie & Blondie in the barn yard. I guess I came by my love of horses at a rather early age!

That horse was great, he was a palamino that would roll with us kids if we let him get into water. I remember walking home crying because I couldn't get back on him once he rolled. (I'm going to say I couldn't get back on because I was "too little" rather than "too short"! )

4 comments:

  1. What a great post! Love the pictures, I can totally see your nieces in these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutest post ever! What a happy little gal you were......and not even scared of the horse you are standing next to. Wow! It's a good thing you weren't raised in the city because country life is the life for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun post. You were cute! How old were you when they started making color photos? ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure enough, I didn't post a comment after all. Weird.

    You surely do look like a "little doll" and little dolls are super cute.

    ReplyDelete