Thursday, July 21, 2011

This is Summer!

My niece Tiffany wanted to spend some time in the pasture on the horses, so she came for the weekend and we went riding!!    I love having the kids around and wish they were closer so we could do this sort of thing more often. Too bad I didn't get pictures of Kassie on her 5 hour ride in the pasture looking for yearlings. Shucks! (Need to keep the camera on my person at all time I guess)


We had a campfire after our ride and Tiffy decided she wanted to ride Downey bareback. So she grabbed the halter shank and hopped on.


This is really what summer is all about. Enjoying the outdoors and all that lush green, riding bareback in shorts and smelling of campfire and marshmallows!


Just love these pictures.


Fun, Fun!


Ahhhhhh....


Tiffy's cousin Katelyn loves horses so she came to ride too.


Isn't Downey the greatest?


"Let's see what I can get away with!"


Summer is great, no wind, no mosquitoes, lots of green, horses and great company! (yep, Downey just stood there and let Tiffy do her thing!!)

6 comments:

  1. What? Downey let her do all of that ? Wow! I am pretty impressed. All of this fun must have been done after their ride together because I know that Downey is a busy body right off the bat. Cool pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bareback on a horse in shorts. That must feel kind of weird. Tiffany sure looked like she was enjoying herself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't ridden bareback in forever, does that make me old?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Downey is a good horse to stand there for all of the trick riding. I'm glad you are the favorite aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that looks fun! not that i've ever ridden a horse for more than an hour, much less without a saddle, but tiff makes it look easy peasy =)

    hope everything is going fabulous up there!

    ReplyDelete