Thursday, May 17, 2012

Branding 2012


Calving season is coming to a close, now it's time to brand and get the cows out on grass.


All the calves are sorted, the momma's are lined up looking for their babies.


Can you see the red cow calling for her baby? "Now Jr, come on let's get out of here. I don't like crowds! Jr! Jr! Come on!" That is the translation of "Moooo, Moooooo, Moooooo!"



Jr is in there chillin', for the moment.


Oh man, am I ever glad these guys showed up. I was having to wrestle a few calves and I have to admit that I was feeling my age.


Just a shot of what was going on. Everyone has a job and everyone is needed. I'm grateful for family, friends and neighbors. And I'm so glad that we had a pleasant evening, not too hot, not too cold, just right!!


Thus ends another branding session.We branded 30 calves for me, and another 55 for Dad and Rod. Yup you got it 85 calves branded tonight in about 2 hours. The rest of the herd (200+) will be branded later this week.

4 comments:

  1. Still sad we didn't come!! Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 200 more babies? Wow, that is a lot! It looks like it was a perfect evening. I'm older than you so I won't be wrangling any calves when I come help. I can gather the, the, well, you know, the little oysters and bring some home for Rio!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those liitle babies laying around so comfortable haven't got a clue what's in store for them! Poor little things. Its great that all of yours all finished up so soon. have a grand time with the 200 left to do! Ugh.

    ReplyDelete