Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Good Old Days


I thought I would go back to the good old days, when all you had to worry about is: "What's in my lunch today?" So I'm starting with my education, Grade 1 with Mrs Pitts,1968-1969. Can you find me? I'm the cute one, distracted for some reason!!


Grade 2 with Mrs Lucher, 1969-1970. Westside Elementary. That school does not exist anymore. Hummmm. I remembering telling Mrs Lucher the truth and she wouldn't believe me, so I lied to her, told her what she wanted, and she said "Now doesn't that feel better to tell the truth?" I remember thinking, "Hmmm, odd, nope it doesn't feel better, but you are off my back, what else can I do?" Funny the things we remember, I have no clue what the lie was about, a book or something.


Now this is my class at Robert Rundle Elementary School in St. Albert, AB. 1996-1997. Its Grade 4 and I'm the teacher!  This was the last year I taught school.  I only taught elementary one year out of the 12 yrs I did teach. Really I'm a High School French Teacher.
(I wonder what those kids are doing now?)



Dixie Dee at 9 yrs of age 1971


Dixie Dee at 10 yrs of age 1972


13 years later and a graduate of the University of Lethbridge


Bachelor of Education with a Major in French, 1985


I'm turning very old in the next few days so I'm trying to remember the good old days before I can't. I haven't been blogging and I'm trying to put things together so that I have a bit of history/journaling to go along with my blogs.

"40 is the old age of youth, and 50 is the youth of old age."

4 comments:

  1. You have had quite the history of hair. I guess we all have. Enjoy your last few days of youth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1st Grade.....I know what you were distracted with. The girl next to you with those blonde curls. Wow.
    2nd grade....same girl, same curls.
    I'm thinking I should do a post like this sometime. It's fun to see how we change in a twinkling of an eye. You haven't changed a bit in the last 50 years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love these pictures of the past! That's crazy about the teacher not believing you!! Teachers aren't so smart sometimes are they??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, these will be great in a book!

    ReplyDelete