Sunday, September 25, 2011

Interesting Sites. Hummmm?


Humm.. A big bus following a lady driving her sheep. Oh this lady was some upset with us taking pictures, I have no clue what she was saying, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't "Hey, can I pose for you?"


Notice how she kept the sheep from running away from her!


What makes you think this sign was translated by a non English speaker? Just so you know the W.C. stands for Water Closet, a british term.


For chocolate fans out there! This is how chocolate is kept for the tourists, as it is rather "hot" in Egypt, and chocolate has to be kept at the right consistency to be truly enjoyed!


Just some education to go along with that chocolate & soda.


I couldn't get over this, the unfinished buildings were everywhere!! Blocks and blocks of unfinished buildings. So much I don't understand.


Work truck, I think! Notice the waterway behind the "truck" raw garbage is strewn all along it's banks for miles. We are so lucky to live where we do and to have the infrastructure that we do!! We have so much!


"Hey, that guy in the grey suit, I saw him at our last bus stop."


"There he is again, I wonder what that bulge is and why is he where we are?"


"Oh, I get it now!! He is the last one on and the first off our bus!" Wow, so much I take for granted.

These were a few of the things that made me go hmmm and made me grateful for where and how I live. Travelling is truly one of the best educators I know.

4 comments:

  1. That little donkey in your header picture looks so lonely and lost. Kind of sad.
    And...
    Hey, thats how you tie your horses legs together isn't it?
    And...
    Water closet? Funny name for a place that you leave your bodily fluids and such!
    And...
    Pretty neat way to keep that Cadbury chocolate nice and cool.
    And...
    That sign is weird!

    Fun post Dix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the header picture. So interesting to look at.

    You spent too much money on your hobbles. The rope looks like it does the trick just fine.

    At least the man with the gun was cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I really like this post, I love that your mind, mostly because it is so much like mine. Would love to now and be able to understand why those buildings aren't finished? I really liked the sign I swear I have seen it some where but in Christen terms instead of Islam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the header picture, too. It says so much. I am glad we don't have garbage in our river. I am glad we don't have guns following us everywhere.

    ReplyDelete