Saturday, March 12, 2011

Spring time on the Ranch

Just thought I would mix things up a bit and blog about the ranch. A change is good isn't it?



The first calf of the season! He was born on Wednesday and now he's asking me where his momma is?



Calf number 2. I am so cute!!



Calf number 3.  Momma behind is saying: "Keep your distance little one!"



Oh, this is what spring is all about, the new calves! Momma is watching me very carefully!


This is this mornings calf ! Awww so cute! I'm about 8 hours old.

These cute little guys waited until the warm weather showed up, thank heaven for small favors. There are about 300 or so left to go. Here's hoping the weather stays nice and the calves have nothing to do but buck and play in the sunshine!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh they are so cute. So many different colors. Do they have the same daddy? My favorite one is #2. Looks like a jersey to me. Nice spring time post. Gophers and calves. That's how we know spring is near.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness those little things are cute! That momma needs a bit of cleaning up though doesn't she? And that one with the white face. Wild eh? Because I thought all your cows were brown and black. My favourite one is the first one. Love that brown color.
    Love the post Dixie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh - love them all! I'll have to come visit them to watch them play.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Finally Bobbie, you can visit anytime and comment on more!! You are out there! Good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute babies! 300 more to go. That's a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dixie you already know that I love you! But when I look at the pictures, it hurts my nose, it must be some hidden memory somewhere but the bad smell of cows, I just don't like them. I am definitely a sheep girl even though they are the most stupid animals alive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Remember the movie City Slickers and "Norman" the baby calf ? These are as cute as Norman.

    ReplyDelete